Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 2010

This has been a busy few months... since my last post was in March there are a lot of things that have happened since then so I will just try to share a few here.

Pete left for Ft. McMurray in February... he didn't come home until May for 5 days!  That was a long haul!  While he was gone I did the usual running kids here to there and everywhere!  Our tax dilemma was figured out and we were given back payment of all of our Child Tax Credit and GST credit... which was a HUGE blessing. I did a lot of purging in the house and have a LOT of stuff ready for a yard sale (hopefully the end of this month).

In the past several weeks we have been gearing up for Meagan's graduation.  I am making her Prom and Grad dresses, so that has taken a lot of concentration and effort... which I am happy to say is ALMOST complete and  when it is I will breathe a sigh of relief... whew!  Meagan's play at school went great... Spamalot (a broadway version of Search for the Holy Grail... Monty Python). Meagan was the narrator (historian) and sang in a couple of different scenes.  She had a BAD cold but still managed to do her part!

The boys have been enjoying time swimming at the river.  They were the first to jump off the bridge this year... something they seem to be very proud of.  Tavis fixed up an old bike with lots of miscellaneous parts and he has been enjoying BMX'ing at the bike park and around the yard.  Trevor has exams next week so he will have to do a little studying.  We had a group of kids over from Korner Youth... Gillis and Rachel also joined us for the evening and it was a great time together... bbq, water fight, hide and seek,  movie, etc... it was just a fun evening together!  Meagan has 2 exams next week and then she's DONE!  Prom is on Friday (18th), Baccalaureate service is Sunday (20th) and Grad is Thursday June 24th.

Pete arrives home Thursday morning (17th) and will be here until the 27th... so that will be nice! Prom night we are having a big BBQ for family and friends, so it will be nice to get together, and it will be nice to have Pete here to help out.

Well... those are just a few of the highlights... I'll have to remember to blog more often and give updates on our wild times here... I forget things if I wait too long. :)

ONE IMPORTANT UPDATE:  If God wills I will be going to Namibia in July/August.  I really need to take care of our stuff in storage.  Please pray that we will have the finances, someone to watch the house, and that everything else will fall into place.  It is essential that I get back there to deal with things.

Take care,
Charlene

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlene!
    Maybe we can meet in Namibia! :-)
    We will be there in July (3 weeks). We just spoke to Jandré. Did you know he had a baby girl? We hope to meet him and his family soon.
    I hope you will be able to come to Namibia to sort things out.
    say hi to Pete and kids,

    Fetske

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? I am booked to go!!! July 18 I will arrive in Windhoek... very exciting that I will be able to see you there :) We'll have to plan something! Looking forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete