Friday, January 22, 2010

Slept better last night...

Phew..... slept better the last few nights.  That feels good.  I have started the second of the set of medication that I am taking for my back.  I have found some relief (especially in my left leg where I feel the sciatic nerve pain).

I have been busy with some of my crafting projects... it helps to keep me busy when my body is unwilling to keep up!  What a blessing to have things to do with my hands.

Pete is looking for work out west again.  Please pray with us that he finds something that is seasonal and pays really well.  This is our goal... after the kids graduate we desire to return to Africa and upon our return we would like to be able to support 'our' financial needs by having Pete travel back and forth (seasonal work that would take care of our needs for the full year)... then we could concentrate on trying to raise funds for projects and not our personal needs.  This is our desire... and we'll see how God works things out.  Some would suggest that we just be content with getting by at the job he currently has, but because we have long term goals to return to ministry this is not the ideal... we need to work toward the goal... not just make ends meet.  Part of working toward that goal was for me to take a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course... I successfully completely that in September and am now certified to teach ESL.

Meagan and Trevor have exams starting next week.  All 3 of them are doing well in school this year.  They have adjusted finally and seem to be making some good friends.  Meagan plans to go to The Philippines after school to take a midwifery course... she daydreams about delivering babies! She would like to work for a year first, so it looks like she and Talitha will head out to Kamloops after graduation and get jobs out there.  Talitha has been a big help as my chauffeur... she takes the kids to their youth groups, picks them up from school when needed, run errands into town, does my grocery shopping... that is helpful!

Well... I must head to bed now... just thought I would fill you in a little on what's happening at the Knightly's!
Night,
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment