Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quick update...

We had a great trip to Sussex and managed to surprise my mother on her 70th Birthday.  We had it planned that I would ask if they would like to come with us and go to the Big Stop in Salisbury for lunch... when we arrived several of my mom's family and a couple of good friends were there to shout SURPRISE.   We had a great time, and a few of the family members managed to take to the idea that I had about bringing 70 things in a gift.  My cousin Ruth and others in her family put together the best box of 70... they wrote out a few things that happened the year my mother was born and then they bought stuff that went with the theme... it was the most interesting gift.

This last week has been a busy week.  Pete took his last trip on Monday (to Moncton with Meagan).  On Friday morning he flew to Ft. McMurray where he will search for a job on Monday.  We are praying that he gets one VERY quickly.  We have accumulated debt that we need to pay ASAP.  It has not been easy starting all over again since returning from Africa, but that is life.

I am working on some quilts, dresses, and some other things these days... I have enough projects to keep me busy until spring.  Which is probably a very good thing.

Well, I am off to bed now... it's been a long day and I have been suffering from a migraine off and on all day long.  I guess my body needs some sleep.

Night all...
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment